42nd All India Sociological Conference, Assam, India
Respected / Dear All,
Greetings and Namaskar!
The 42nd All India Sociological Conference is scheduled to be held from 27-30 December 2016, at Tezpur University, Assam. It will indeed be a pleasure for all of us to visit this beautiful University, situated in the North East, with a very good climate.
For the Sociology of Sports fraternity, this will be our second Conference, and the first opportunity to request the Indian Sociological Society to convert our ADHOC GROUP into a REGULAR RESEARCH COMMITTEE.
I would like to bring to your notice, the following points, which may please be very kindly noted:-
- Tezpur University is nearly 190 km from Guwahati, and so all will have to reach either Guwahati Rly Stn or Guwahati Airport. From airport, one can get taxi’s @Rs 3200 approx., which can be shared. Alternatively, both from the Rly stn and airport, buses are also available @Rs 350.00 approx. Those who wish to avail the bus facility, will have to request this and submit the charges etc, while filling the registration form. However, if sufficient number of application/requests are received by the Organizers, then only they will arrange. The climate will be cool, so please add winter clothing in your bag.
- As far as the Tezpur conference program schedule: The registration shall start at 9 AM on 27 December’16, and inauguration will start at 4 PM, ending with dinner. Those who can will/can reach Guwahati on 26 December 2016, may proceed to Tezpur the same day. However, for dinner, they should reach before 10 PM.
- Indian Sociological Society Membership is important. Please note that in order to present a paper at the conference, you have to either be a Life Member, or Ordinary Member, or a Student Member.
- The Adhoc Group-Sport Sociology Membership Fee is Rs 500.00 only for a TWO year term, and Rs.1000.00 only for a FIVE Year term. You can lean more at: http://insoso.org/membershipform/research-committee-form
- The call of abstracts. Please submit a 200 words abstract to the undersigned, on the area of Sport Sociology. The last date is 1st October 2016. Please note that the abstracts should cover the sociological aspect of sports, and not only the physical and psychological and management issues. We are in the process of exhorting on our Universities / Colleges to accept Sport Sociology as a curriculum, and as such, we require quality work. These abstracts shall be submitted to a Committee appointed for this purpose, as per the new guidelines of the Indian Sociological Society. You will be notified about acceptance of the abstracts by 31st October 2016. If you require a printed copy of the abstract book, you will have to add Rs.150.00 at the time of submitting the registration form. However, a soft copy shall be made available to you during the conference.
- There is also a YOUNG SCHOLAR AWARD. The age limit is 35 years or less. Abstracts which fall under this category shall be reviewed by the Committee and then submitted to the ISS. The award shall be given during the conference.
- For any further information, you may write either to me, or the Conference Organizing Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org .
I expect that all will reach Tezpur University, to make this Conference a grand academic success, and the Adhoc Group on Sociology of Sports a regular Research Committee.
With good wishes,
Convener, Adhoc Group-Sport Sociology
Indian Sociological Society
Director, UP Athletics Association
State Coordinator, IAAF Kids Athletics Program, UP Chapter
NTO-IPC Paralympic Committee, Delhi 2010
Member, ISS, ISA, ISA RC27 (Sociology of Sports)
RC 13 (Sociology of Leisure)
International Sociology of Sports Association
Member, North American Society for Sociology of Sports