CFP: Graduate Paper Award 2017
CALL FOR PAPERS:
International Sociology of Sport Association Graduate Paper Award 2017
The 2017 ISSA Graduate Paper Award is co-sponsored by ISSA and SAGE
The aim of the International Sociology of Sport Association’s (ISSA) Graduate Paper Award is to recognize the scholarship of outstanding graduate students in the international community of sociology of sport. The award will be granted to a scholarly paper, authored by a graduate student, which is deemed by a panel of judges to demonstrate considerable originality, critical and analytical ability, and to be of the highest quality from among those submitted1. The winning author will be invited to receive the award and present or distribute the paper at the annual conference of the ISSA.
- The student must be registered for masters or doctoral level graduate work at the time her or his paper is submitted.
- It must be a single-authored paper.
- The student must be a member of ISSA at the time her or his paper is submitted.
- The committee will accept only one submission per author.
- Full-time faculty and academic staff are not eligible.
- Previous winners are not eligible.
- A paper cannot be considered for the ISSA GPA at the same time it is submitted for another award.
- A paper that won a previous award cannot be submitted to ISSA GPA.
- The winning author will be invited to present or distribute the paper at the ISSA World Congress in Taiwan, at the National Taiwan Sport University, 30 May to 2 June 2017.
- The winning author will receive a SAGE Publisher sponsored prize of £150 worth of books.
- The winning author will receive an ISSA sponsored prize of membership in ISSA for 12 months in the year in which the award is granted.
- The panel of judges may also give up to two honourable mentions. Graduate students receiving honourable mentions will also have their papers accepted for presentation or distribution at the ISSA conference.
- The name of all winning authors will be posted on the ISSA website
- Candidates are to submit a 3000-6000 word (excluding references) scholarly paper on a topic that is of interest to the international sociology of sport academic community.
- Papers with a text of over 6000 words will not be considered.
- Authors are to submit a cover page that contains the title of the paper and the full contact information of the author.
- The author’s identity must not be recognizable in the text.
- Authors must be graduate students at the time the paper is submitted.
- Authors must be members of ISSA at the time the paper is submitted.
- Authors are to submit a letter, signed by her or his academic advisor, verifying graduate student status.
- Authors are to follow a style consistent with the publication guidelines for the International Review for the Sociology of Sport.
- Papers should be submitted electronically (in Microsoft Word format attachment) to the Award Committee Chair, Eunha Koh
All papers should be emailed to email@example.com
Deadline for Receipt of Submissions: January 31, 2017
The winner will be announced by March 1, 2017
1 The ISSA reserves the right not to grant an award in the event that none of the submitted papers meet the award criteria.