Become an ISSA Member
ISSA comprises an active body of scholars who study sport from the perspectives of sociology, social psychology, anthropology, history and political economy.
The purpose of ISSA is to advance for the public benefit education and research related to the social significance of sport, exercise and physical activity
The objectives of ISSA include :
- fostering research in the social scientific study of sport
- encouraging international communication and collaboration among scholars
- developing scholarly exchange via:
- promoting communication with other national and international sport-related organizations
- convene international congresses, seminars or symposia
- publication of the International Review for the Sociology of Sport
All members receive:
- IRSS (8 issues per year) Print and Online
- Information and discounts on ISSA conferences and publications
- Access to members’ only area of websites
- The ISSA eBulletin
ISSA membership is for the full calendar year. This means that your ISSA membership expires on December 31st regardless of when you joined ISSA. In order to continue to receive the benefits of ISSA membership, including receipt of our journal and reduced conference registration, you will need to renew your membership from January 1st.
Membership details are available on the SAGE – International Review of Sociology of Sport website. We highly encourage you to use the online payment subscription process on the SAGE IRSS web page. It is efficient, secure and ensures that membership applications are processed in a timely fashion and provides you with an automated reply that confirms your membership application.
All members Join Here