CALL FOR ISSA CONGRESS MENTORS
Call For Mentors: ISSA Mentorship
As an international organization and in the spirit of scholarship, ISSA wishes to support learning and teaching. This is particularly significant given that our association and congress operate in English but our members are not all English-speaking. In order to assist our members who may need some help preparing for our upcoming congress, we are inviting nominations for a limited number of mentors who can help in reviewing 2017 ISSA congress abstracts and ISSA congress power point presentations.
The criteria to be mentor are that you must:
- have been a ISSA full member for a minimum of 2 years
- be a senior lecturer, confirmed/tenured staff, associate professor or equivalent
- have presented at an ISSA congress.
Your letter of application should include a personal statement (maximum 300 words) providing:
- an outline of the reasons why you wish to be a mentor
- a statement of your proficiency in the English language
- confirmation that you agree to review 10-15 abstracts and PowerPoint presentations prior to the ISSA 2017 World Congress
ISSA will pay full registration costs for the 2017 World Congress for those accepted to be ISSA mentors. Please send your nominations by December 1st 2016 to Elizabeth Pike, ISSA Past-President, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISSA Guide to Powerpoint Presentations
As part of its Mentor program, ISSA is offering to provide guidance and feedback on powerpoint presentations for participants of ISSA. This offer is directed mainly, but not exclusively for scholars and graduate students whose first language is not English. The purpose is to help mentor presenters and enhance the overall quality of sessions.
- Presentation Tips: Powerpoint file download