Upcoming elections during the ICSSPE General Assembly, 8th September 2020 – First anouncement
20200305_Executive Board; vacanciesDear members of the International Council of Sport Science and Physical Education,
We herewith announce that the 2020 ICSSPE General Assembly as well as the meetings of the Executive Board and the Development Committee Board will be held at the Pacifico Yokohama North, Japan. The meetings will be on 7th and 8th September 2020 and will be followed by the 2020 Yokohama Sport Conference.
Elections during the General Assembly
Delegates at the General Assembly members will vote for a new composition of the
- Executive Board (max 10 members);
- Development Committee (max 20 members).
- Membership on the Executive Board and on the Development Committee is individual. A representative of an ICSSPE member organisation can be member on the Executive or on the Development Committee. Only the Vice President leading the Development Committee will be a member on the Executive Board as well.
- Members can nominate more than one candidate from its membership.
Attached you will find information about upcoming vacancies on the Executive Board.
The election for membership on the Development Committee will take place for the first time since the change of statutes. Hence, all 20 positions will be open for nominations.
- All members of the Council have the right to propose candidates.
- Proposals shall include a statement of support, a short biography, and a summary of work.
- The candidacy needs to clearly state whether the individual is running for a position on the Executive Board or on the Development Committee. Nominations for both, the Executive Board and the Development Committee, are not possible.
- All documents must be submitted to the Executive Director not later than 3 months prior to the General Assembly, i.e. 7th June 2020.
- Candidates as well as voting members need to be members in good standing, i.e. all membership fees including for 2020 must have been paid.
- Candidates need to be present at the General Assembly.
- Templates for nomination forms will be sent to all members by 30th April 2020.
The Executive Office will provide you with further information over the next weeks. However, feel free to contact the Office if you have any question on this matter. At this point we kindly ask you to
- consider the nominatation of candidates from your organisation and
- to add the meeting dates to your agenda.
Please note that ICSSPE cannot respond to any claims in case the meetings have to be cancelled due to the Corona virus or other epidemics.