Become a Member of ISSA
Become an ISSA Member
ISSA comprises an active and diverse body of scholars who study sport from the perspectives of sociology, social psychology, anthropology, history and political economy.
The purpose of ISSA is to advance for the public benefit education and research related to the social significance of sport, exercise and physical activity.
The objectives of ISSA include :
- fostering research in the social scientific study of sport
- encouraging international communication and collaboration among scholars
- developing scholarly exchange via:
- promoting communication with other national and international sport-related organizations
- convening international congresses, seminars or symposia
- publication of the International Review for the Sociology of Sport
All existing and prospective members Join Here (Subscription rates and links to the cart are on the right hand side of the webpage)
All members receive:
- IRSS (8 issues per year) Print and Online
- Information and discounts on ISSA conferences and publications
- Access to members’ only area of websites
- The ISSA eBulletin
ISSA membership is for the full calendar year. This means that your ISSA membership expires on December 31st regardless of when you joined ISSA. In order to continue to receive the benefits of ISSA membership, including receipt of our journal and reduced conference registration, you will need to renew your membership from January 1st.
Membership details are available on the SAGE – International Review of Sociology of Sport – website. We highly encourage you to use the online payment subscription process on the SAGE IRSS web page (link above). It is efficient, secure and ensures that membership applications are processed in a timely fashion and provides you with an automated reply that confirms your membership application.
Once registered the system provides you with an automated reply that confirms your membership application.